PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
Effective from 1st December 2020
www.hush.lk (the “Site”) is owned and operated by “HusgEdge Solutions” and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
Who we are and how to contact us
The Site is operated by HushEdge Solutions (“We”, “Our” or “Us”). To contact us, please fill out our Contact us form, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on+94 770615960.
Use of the Site
The information and services available on the site career page are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site and if you do or if you perform any other unauthorized processing of information on the site it shall be deemed a material breach of these terms and conditions which, in the case of a Customer/user, shall entitle us to terminate the Services immediately with or without any notice or to take legal action against them.
We expect basic courtesy from all Jobseekers whilst using our Site and/or Services. By accessing the Site and/or using the Services, you agree that you will not upload, post or transmit through the Site, anything that
(a) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others; (b) you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate; (c) contains blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity; (d) contains or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd; (e) violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them; (f) advocates violent behavior; or (g) poses, in our sole opinion, a threat to personal or public safety.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belong to us or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
By using the Site you accept these terms
By using the Site, you confirm that you accept Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use the Site.
You can create a CV-profile (“Profile”) within your account, which will consist of various CV related pieces of information as well as attachments provided by you. It will also keep a record of your activity on our Platforms. We will also share your application history (jobs you have applied for and when you applied for them) unless you tell us not to. You can change this at any time.
You can use your Profile to apply to job offers that are published on the websites or apps. The respective recruiting company will then have access to your Profile even if it is not generally available and will be able to see the data you provided. We will also use the data you have provided as part of your Profile to provide you with job ad recommendations tailored to your needs based on your Profile data. To provide you with the specific Services under the Profile, we will store the date of yours on our platforms.
As part of an active and public Profile we may also provide a link to a profile about you on a publicly available business related social media website we have found about you to CV Database search users. Such access to CV Database can also be provided through browser plugins or other software that we offer and which will allow our customers to access your CV if they visit certain social media websites.
If you choose to create a Profile with us, then we will keep your CV on file until you make a written request to delete your account from our Database.
We do not warrant or guarantee a minimum volume of storage capacity for your Profile. We reserve the right to temporarily or permanently restrict the data volume for uploads of data, not excluding deletion of profile or data without any notice, especially if necessary due to technical reasons, for example in order to maintain or optimize the Service.
In the event of the death of user, a person authorized to act on behalf of the estate, or a verified immediate family member of the deceased can request to have the deceased user’s account removed. We will require additional documentation for this request in order to avoid unauthorized and false reports. Be assured that the requested information will remain confidential and will be deleted once we have reviewed it.
There are other terms that may apply to you
This Acceptable Use Policy refers to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Site:
- By using the Site, you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate and responsible for all shared data.
- All users must use the content, data shared on the site at their own risk. We must not be held responsible for inaccurate data, information, resume, CVs or any other information shared by a job seeker or employers seeking to recruit.
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
Jobseekers and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply jobseekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable jobseeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a jobseeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorization to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the jobseeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the jobseeker to fulfill the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the jobseeker or the recruiter for the jobseeker to fulfill the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether jobseekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose jobseekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a jobseeker; or,
- make any arrangements for accommodation of jobseekers.
We are operating our carrier page under the impression that job seekers genuinely seeking for employment and interested in joining a company/s and employers seeking to recruit are genuinely having available vacancy/s and looking to find a suitable employee/s. Users with other intentions must not use the site unless the motive is clearly communicated to us and obtained written approval from us.
Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce jobseekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a jobseeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a jobseeker’s suitability for the role.
These could include:
- If you are a jobseeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorization which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a jobseeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
- If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the jobseeker and that the jobseeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorization required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a jobseeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where jobseekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorization, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the jobseeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the jobseeker.
Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
We may make changes to the terms
We amend these terms from time to time without any prior notice. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
Safety or data usage
We take all measures within our limitation to safeguard information of our users. However, since we use third party suppliers and online service providers to publish and host this webpage we are unable to give you guarantee on data security; information breach may happen. Even though such events are highly unlikely, we strongly suggest all our users not to share highly confidential information through this site. You, as a user, must evaluate the level of confidentiality by yourself of the information you are sharing with the intended users. If you feel the confidentially level is high or sensitive in your own opinion, use a different medium to share the data or information.